Thursday, August 23, 2007

In the News and Grandma

Another day of endless research, computing and trying to still love on and give attention to my pre-schooler! Seriously, I need a mothers-day-out or something so I can accomplish things and not feel guilty about my sweet little one playing alone or worse yet.... watching tv!!!! aaaaaagh I said it! It's out! Yes, on occassion I use the TV as childcare. Although, I am selective in my programming.
Yesterday an article was published in the paper on the organization that I am leading. It is exciting.
So Saturday, when I thought the article was to be published, I went to the newstand. Inserted my hard-to-find-covered-in-old-Dr.Pepper-juice quarter. Only to find that I had just purchased 4 day old news! So in an attempt to reclaim my much saught after quarter... when I purchased the new edition I simply took two. No doubt some possible ethical issues there. None-the-less, it was a nice article. Clearly the author was not a Christian and therefore seemingly had difficulty in writing the words Jesus Christ. She did scribe Christ once though. Which I thought was important since the article was about a Christian organization!
Must be off now since I should be taking this after bed time (the kids not me) to prepare for a board meeting tomorrow!
FYI We should all talk to our grandmothers more often! I conversed with mine tonight for about 45 minutes and caught up on the entire family. And sincerely enjoyed every minute of it! I love my Grandmother! I am very thankful to still have her in my life!
PS That beer I drank yesterday gave me a mighty migraine today. Did I mention I am intollerant to alchohol?

No comments: