Monday, February 2, 2009

Yes It IS A REAL AMERICAN GIRL DOLL!!!



OK So why is the American Girl Doll company trying to make my life more difficult?! I mean really! Santa brought my daughter the Molly doll for Christmas and she has been perfectly satisfied with her lovely and I might add overpriced doll. Until of course her "friends" begin to compare their dolls. And lo and behold what did she discover? The brilliant and wise doll makers stamp the back of the neck on each of their prized possessions. Great, no problem. Excellent decision on their part. This maintains the integrity of their product and prevents knock offs from passing as the real deal. Lovely! Splendid idea!
The only problem is that they are apparently NOT stamping all the dolls with the same stamp!! So, for example my neighbor's doll's neck stamp is American Girl llc or something like that. My daughter's doll's neck stamp is Pleasant Company. This is the original name of the American Girl doll company. Apparently, they changed the stamp in 2005. So, why in the world does our Molly doll (purchased directly from the AG website in 2008) have the Pleasant Company stamp?!! I have no idea!!
I went to their website and researched all over the internet today in an attempt to unravel the mystery. To no avail. I found one site with a semi-reasonable explanation which I read aloud to my doubting daughters. This seemed to appease them for now.

This is not a life crisis. There are certainly more important and pressing matters in the world to deal with. It's just sad when your child comes to you crying because she thinks Santa put a knock off in a AG Box and added to the deceit!

1 comment:

Larry Fischer said...

Oddly enough I cried reading thi post.